Red Flint Sand
- Has a colorful appearance with uniform in size
- Washed, kiln-dried, and screened to meet exacting specifications
- Ideal for aquarium use
Aquarium sand, like water filtration sand, has a colorful appearance and clean physical properties that make the sand ideal for aquarium use.
Red Flint Sand and Gravel well pack is specifically engineered for gravel packed wells. Engineering firms and well screen manufacturers specify Red Flint because of its superior chemical and physical properties. The gravel is used in ground wells to form a barrier between the screens and the natural deposit of the soil formation.
Red Flint Sand and Gravel well pack media is recommended by engineering firms and well screen manufacturers for its desirable physical and chemical properties.
Naturally clean Red Flint Sand and Gravel well pack media is preferred in gravel packed wells due to its superior physical and chemical properties. With low acid solubility and sub-angular shape, our well pack products are cleaned and uniform in size.
The uniformity and low acid solubility minimizes material lost in well development. The sub-angular shape aids hydraulic conductivity by reducing drawdown and improving yield.
- Sub-angular shape and tightly controlled uniformity improves hydraulic conductivity
- Less than 1% acid soluble impurities prevents mineral leaching deterioration
- Meets or exceeds AWWA A100-15 standard for water wells and is NSF/ANSI Standard 61 certified for quality and purity.
Color: Light brown to light red
Size: 0.45 – 0.55 millimeters
Acid Solubility: <1.0%
Specific Gravity: 2.67
Density: 100 lbs per cubic foot
Hardness: 6.0 – 8.0 on MOH scale
UC (D 60): 1.30 – <1.65
NSF/ANSI Standard 61 certified
AWWA standard B100-16