DFC Fruit Fly Media is a patent pending color changing media. Each media is color coded so you can easily distinguish which species of fly you are culturing. DFC Fruit Fly Media has been customized to help each strain of the fruit fly to also produce faster and last longer. DFC media contains an anti-bacterial product as well as a mold inhibitor
- Just add hot water
- Color changing media
- Highly productive formula
- Vitamin rich & enhanced coloring
- 24 oz container for less waste
1. Mix 1/3 cup media to 2/3 cup of boiling RO or filter water.
2. Add container with DFC excelsior.
3. Cover the cup and let it cool.
4. Optional step. Sprinkle approximately 30 granules of baker’s yeast on top of the media. This step is not required if you are already using DFC Media.
5. Add 30 to 50 flies to start up the new culture.
Allow 2-3 weeks for flies to reproduce.
Keep your culture below 85º F at medium humidity. If your media dries out, simply spray your media down with RO or filtered water.
Each 2 QT bag will make 20 fruit fly cultures.
Ingredients: Dried Potato, Citric Acid, Sugar, Vitamin A, Monoglycerides, Diglycerides, Sodium Acid, Sodium Bisulfite, Potassium, Vitamin D3, Vitamin C, Non-Fat Dried Milk, Methyl Paraben, Natural fruits for color.