Betta Spade Tail
Colors may vary per individual.
The Spade Tail has an equal spread on either side of the fin, similar to Round Tail, but with tail finishing in a point rather than a rounded edge. The bottom fins are straighter and pointier.
- 5 gallons is recommended, 2.5 is the absolute minimum.
- Smaller tanks are more work, requiring increased maintenance.
- No bowls. Those are for eating cereal out of!
- Betta fish are jumpers, always secure a lid on your tank.
- Don’t restrict access to the water’s surface, or fill your tank to its maximum capacity.
- Betta fish need natural day and night light cycles.
- Tank mates are tricky, research before adding other species.
- Never place 2 males, or a male and female in the same tank unless breeding.
- Females can live together in a “sorority” of 5 or more.
- Maintain a tropical habitat at 76-81 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Betta fish prefer water in the pH range of 6.5-7.5.
- Ammonia should ideally be zero parts per million (ppm).
- Nitrate should be less than 40 parts per million (ppm).
- Nitrite should ideally be zero parts per million (ppm).
- Use water conditioner/dechlorinator to make tap water safe for bettas.
- Use an aquarium thermometer to monitor your tank’s temperature.
- Filter’s reduce ammonia, nitrate and nitrite levels, and preserve healthy bacteria.
- Avoid drastic changes in water temperature and water quality.
- Use test strips to monitor water parameters.